HTML5 JS API Index > File API Tutorials & Specs
This section defines a scheme for a URL used to refer to Blob objects (and File objects).
- createFor(Blob blob)
- Returns a unique Blob URL each time it is called on a valid blob argument. Blob URLs created with this method are said to be auto-revoking since user-agents are responsible for the revocation of Blob URLs created with this method, subject to the lifetime stipulation for Blob URLs.
- createObjectURL(Blob blob)
- Returns a unique Blob URL each time it is called on a
valid blob argument, which is a non-null Blob in scope of the global
object's URL property from which this static method is called.
- revokeObjectURL(DOMString url)
- Revokes the Blob URL provided in the string url argument, and removes the corresponding entry from the Blob URL Store.